Friday, August 10, 2007

Hello

Lettuce seedlings at Epcot. Image Source: sylvar

Welcome to Fall Semester 2007 at Haywood Community College. You are enrolled in the online section of HOR 134 Greenhouse Operations. I hope you find this material as exciting as I do. Understanding the fundamental principles of greenhouse operations will help you produce floriculture crops more efficiently and economically.

Please take time to familiarize yourself with the Blogger Environment. If you are new to Blogger an easy way to start is by following all the links in the Course Menu at the right. Also be sure to read the announcement concerning the HOP Assignment. The HOP Assignment must be completed by August 24th or you will be dropped from the course. This is a simple assignment that serves as a record of you having signed onto the course.

Please also read the syllabus thoroughly. If you have any questions please contact me. I would be happy to answer them. My physical office is at Haywood Community College in 1105 at the Nix Horticulture Complex. My office phone is 828-565-4275. The e-mail I want you to use to contact me is buddy.tignor@gmail.com .

Make sure you sign up for a free gmail account at http://mail.google.com I will be using this e-mail to contact you and we will be using other google applications during the semester.

Thank you for your interest in horticulture technology and I look forward to a successful course this semester. I am always happy to assist students, so if you have any questions, concerns or constructive criticism please contact me.

No comments: